The Ukrainian Central Committee (Ukrainskyi tsentralnyi komitet) was the only officially sanctioned Ukrainian political and community organization that existed in the German Generalgouvernment.

After the fall of Poland, several Ukrainian committees and organizations were formed in the Generalgouvernment. In April 1940 the various relief and community organizations were reorganized under the umbrella UCC, which had as its mandate the defense and protection of the interests of Ukrainians under German occupation. The UCC was granted official recognition by Hans Frank, Governor of the Generalgouvernment territories. The UCC elected Volodymyr Kubijowych as its head.

After the outbreak of war between Germany and the USSR, the UCC expanded its area of operation to include the territories of Halychyna, previously occupied by the USSR. The Germans agreed to limited Ukrainian involvement in the administration of Halychyna territories under the Generalgouvernment. In order to protect the civilian population the UCC urged, at the request of Metropolitan Andriy Sheptytsky, an end to revolutionary military resistance to German rule.

The UCC’s main activities focused on relief for the civilian population. The UCC organized food supplies, public health and assistance to Ukrainian POWs, as well protecting the interests of Ukrainians taken to work in Germany. The UCC was also instrumental in setting up and overseeing Ukrainian educational institutions under German occupation.

Working in extremely difficult conditions of occupation and war, the UCC, until its disbandment in 1945, played a significant role in easing the impact of war on the population of Ukraine.